- Chinese Language Journals, April 3, 2008
- The OhioLINK consortium recently purchased a subscription to 257+ full-text Chinese language e-journals in the China Online Journals collection from Wanfang. Faculty, students and staff at OhioLINK member institutions can access these journals from on or off-campus.
- Legacy Library adds new electronic books., March 24, 2008
- Thousands of new scholarly e-books, published by Springer, are now available to students, faculty and staff at OhioLINK member institutions. These are recent (2005-2007), high-quality scientific, technological and medical books. Students can use these books to do research anytime, anywhere. Faculty can use the books for research or as course materials. Faculty can assign particular readings and link to relevant chapters or sections from course pages or Web sites. New Springer e-books will be added regularly. These recent additions bring the total number of e-books offered by OhioLINK to 25,000.
- College to host Ohio History Day competition for District 10, January 8, 2008
- The MC Library in partnership with the MC History Department and Campus Martius will host history competition for middle-school and high-school students.
- College library offers classes for grantwriters, January 16, 2008
- Two classes will be offered: How to Approach a Foundation and Proposal Writing Basics
- Watch Legacy Library Construction Progress
- WebCam shows construction progress on new library building 24 hours a day. The webcam image is refreshed every 15 seconds and also offers time-lapse views of the process.
- College library provides new connection to Foundation Center, July 26, 2007
College Library has been selected as a member of a network of nearly
300 Foundation Center Cooperating
Collections. The Foundation Center is the nation's largest
clearinghouse for grant related information. Through a core collection
of resources provided by the Foundation Center, Marietta College Library
offers free access to information and services to assist individuals
and nonprofit organizations in finding sources for funding and grant
For more information see: The home page for the Marietta College's Cooperating Collection
- Library adds to JSTOR subscriptions, July 26, 2007
- Several new collections were added to the Library's JSTOR subscriptions. Over 375 new electronic journal backfiles are added to our resources.
- New Search Tools Introduced , July 25, 2007
- Tools for adding MC Cat, the OhioLink catalog, and OhioLink EJC to your FireFox search box have been developed.