Skip to main content
Guidelines for Researchers
- Please complete the Researcher Registration Form on your first visit to Special Collections
(photo identification required), and sign the registration book on every visit.
- Special Collections materials must be used in the Reading Room.
- Smoking, drinking, and eating are not permitted.
- When taking notes, use pencil, laptop, or tablet. Digital cameras may be used with permisiion.
- Gloves will be provided for the safe handling of photographs or especially fragile materials.
- When examining folders of material, please keep the items in the original order.
- Consult staff to have photocopies made (see fee schedule). Some manuscripts or books may
be too fragile to copy.
Standard copyright law applies to the duplication of material. Please bring cash, as Special Collections cannot
accept credit cards or student I.D. cards.
- Consult staff to have digital reproductions made (see fee schedule). Please allow
at least 10 business days for
- Citations: In references and footnotes of original materials, please cite the full name of the repository.
For example, "Rufus Putnam Papers, Special Collections. Marietta College Library."
- Written permission must be obtained before original materials from the collections may be published. There is a
fee for commerical use of original material owned by Marietta College.
Special Collections Librarian
Special Collections Associate
Special Collections Assistant