How to Apply for a Library Card
To apply for a community card, please ask for an application at the
Library's Circulation Desk. Valid photo identification, such as
a driver's license, is required when filling out an application.
Applicants must be:
- a resident of Ohio (Washington County, Monroe County, Morgan
County, and Noble County) or West Virginia (Wood County, Pleasants County,
and Wirt County)
- 21 years of age or older.
Community Card Privileges
A community card entitles the holder to the following privileges:
- Borrow circulating books for 28 days (one renewal of 28 days may
be granted on request)
- Borrow audiovisual materials (CDs, videos, and DVDs) for 14 days
(no renewals may be granted for audiovisual material; a limit of 10
audiovisual items may be checked out at one time)
- Receive reference services
Community borrowers do not have the privileges of interlibrary loan
or requesting materials through OhioLINK. Please consult your
local public library in order to request books and articles that are
not available in Marietta College Library.
Renewing a Community Card
Community cards are valid for two years and may be renewed after verification
of patron information. Please report changes of name or address
to the Library's Circulation Desk.
Other Important Information
- You must present your community card at the Library's Circulation
Desk in order to check out materials.
- The community card is for personal use only and should not be loaned
to another person.
- If your card is lost or stolen, please report it to the Library's
Circulation Desk to prevent unauthorized use of the card. The
replacement fee for a library card is $5.00.
- All materials checked to a community cardholder are subject to
recall when needed by a student or faculty member of Marietta College.
- Although fines for overdue materials are not assessed, you will
be sent two overdue notices. If an item is not returned within
17 days after the due date has passed, you will receive a bill for
the replacement cost plus a processing fee of $10.00 and a billing
fee of $3.00. Failure to return library materials or pay replacement
bills will result in the cancellation of circulation privileges.
- Materials in the special collections, reference, and periodical
sections do not circulate but may be used within the library.