Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Guidelines for Researchers
- Please complete the Researcher Registration Form on your first visit to Special Collections (photo identification required), and sign the registration book on every visit.
- Special Collections materials must be used in the Reading Room.
- Smoking, drinking, and eating are not permitted.
- When taking notes, use pencil, laptop, or tablet. Digital cameras may be used with permission.
- Gloves will be provided for the safe handling of photographs or especially fragile materials.
- When examining folders of material, please keep the items in the original order.
- Consult staff to have photocopies made (see fee schedule). Some manuscripts or books may be too fragile to copy. Standard copyright law applies to the duplication of material. Please bring cash, as Special Collections cannot accept credit cards or student I.D. cards.
- Consult staff to have digital reproductions made (see fee schedule). Please allow at least 10 business days for this service.
- Citations: In references and footnotes of original materials, please cite the full name of the repository. For example, "Rufus Putnam Papers, Special Collections. Marietta College Library."
- Written permission must be obtained before original materials from the collections may be published. There is a fee for commerical use of original material owned by Marietta College.
- Katy Scullin
- Special Collections Librarian
- Linda Showalter
- Special Collections Associate