Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Harry Philip Fischer Collection
- Harry Philip Fischer (1879-1949) was born in Marietta and spent his early career working in his father’s shoe store. He opened a photography studio in 1901, and made studio portraits, as well as images of local landscapes and events. The collection is particularly strong in steamboats, river scenes, floods, street scenes, local architecture, schools, businesses, and portraits. It contains about 14,000 glass plates and films of area scenes taken between 1901 and 1949. Digitized images from the collection.
Stephen Durward Hoag Collection
- Stephen Durward Hoag (1900-1982), once owner and manager of the Hotel Lafayette in Marietta, Ohio, was an amateur photographer who documented local scenes, people, and events, in images taken between 1945 and 1980. The Hoag Collection includes over 10,000 prints and films, creating a pictorial history of mid-twentieth-century Marietta. It also contains reprints made by Hoag of photographs taken by local photographers in earlier times.
Marietta College Photograph Collection
- This collection contains photographs representing Marietta College faculty, students, buildings, activities, and events from the 1850s to the present.
- Katy Scullin
- Special Collections Librarian
- Linda Showalter
- Special Collections Associate