Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
15 minutes before close
|Make first closing announcement
|10 minutes before close
Check floors, paying particular attenttion to:
- Restrooms – if light turns on it means bathroom is unoccupied
- Study tables and carrels – push in chairs
- Lounge areas - do some light tidying if necessary
- 2nd floor classrooms – make sure lights are off and push in chairs
- Bookstack aisles – reset any stack with a flashing red light
|5 minutes before close
- Make second closing announcement
- Gently urge people at 1st floor computers and study tables to pack up
- Make closing announcement
- When the building is all clear, turn off building lights and exit the building
Additional important items
- As you are checking floors, circulation student assistants will the lock main doors and turn off tv monitors in the lobby.
- If you see anyone using earphones during your floor check, politely approach them and remind them that the building is closing. They might not have heard the announcement.
- Report any problems you find on while checking floors (e.g. excessive trash or other building maintenance issues to Peter Thayer (text | email | phone).
- If you have trouble locking doors call Campus Police at 740-376-4611
Closing announcement scripts