15 minutes before close
|Make first closing announcement
|10 minutes before close
Check floors, paying particular attenttion to:
- Restrooms – if light turns on it means bathroom is unoccupied
- Study tables and carrels – push in chairs
- Lounge areas - do some light tidying if necessary
- 2nd floor classrooms – make sure lights are off and push in chairs
- Bookstack aisles – reset any stack with a flashing red light
|5 minutes before close
- Make second closing announcement
- Gently urge people at 1st floor computers and study tables to pack up
- Make closing announcement
- When the building is all clear, turn off building lights and exit the building
Additional important items
- As you are checking floors, circulation student assistants will the lock main doors and turn off tv monitors in the lobby.
- If you see anyone using earphones during your floor check, politely approach them and remind them that the building is closing. They might not have heard the announcement.
- Report any problems you find on while checking floors (e.g. excessive trash or other building maintenance issues to Peter Thayer (text | email | phone).
- If you have trouble locking doors call Campus Police at 740-376-4611